Summer is a great time to be outside and soak up some Vitamin D while engaging in your favorite activities.
But with outdoor celebrations come BBQs, dinners out and vacations, which may lead to some weight gain if you’re not careful.
That’s why, as a women’s fitness trainer, I offer you these valuable tips to help you maintain your weight over the summer:
1. Stay hydrated Drinking enough water is crucial for maintaining a healthy weight. In fact, dehydration can lead to overeating as it can be mistaken for hunger. Aim to drink at least eight cups of water per day, more if you’re sweating a lot. Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go, so you can sip on it whenever you feel thirsty.
2. Plan ahead If you know you’re going to a BBQ or a dinner out, plan ahead. Eat a light meal before you go to curb your hunger and avoid overeating. When you get to your destination, scan the menu for healthy options, and try to choose foods that are grilled, baked, or steamed. Also, opt for healthier swaps like a salad instead of fries, or grilled chicken instead of a burger.
3. Keep moving Summer is the perfect season to get active outdoors. Take advantage of the warm weather and try different outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, or cycling. Another great idea is signing up for a fitness class that takes place in nature, like yoga in the park. Being active not only helps you burn calories but also boosts your mood and energy levels.
4. Don’t skip meals Skipping meals in the hope of saving calories could backfire and lead to overeating later in the day. To avoid this, make sure you eat regular meals and healthy snacks throughout the day. Choose foods that are high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats, as they can help you feel fuller for longer.
5. Enjoy in moderation Summer is all about enjoying the little things in life. You can still have your favorite foods and drinks, but it’s important to do it in moderation. Instead of indulging every day, pick a day or two a week where you allow yourself to splurge a little. This way, you can enjoy the taste of your favorite foods without feeling guilty.
In conclusion, it’s possible to enjoy the summer season without sacrificing your health and fitness goals. By staying hydrated, planning ahead, keeping active, eating regularly, and practicing moderation, you can maintain your weight and even make progress towards your goals. Remember, consistency is key, so stay on track and enjoy the summer season to the fullest!